[Gvsig_english] Idea for a future-extension::gvSIG mapserver-export-tool

jaume dominguez faus jaume.dominguez at iver.es
Wed Mar 7 15:59:34 CET 2007

Hi Wolfgang. If I understood right, you are asking for a way to tune
maps with its legend and symbology within gvSIG in a view and then
export this view to a MapServer config file to let the web users to see
it through a WMS client.

If so, this is already under development. The main idea is to export the
current view with layers from several sources (shp, postgis, ecw) to a
.map file for MapServer. Then you'd only need to have a MapServer and
when connecting to it, in the URL, point to the exported .map file.

I don't know exactly what's this extension's current development state.
Any mate will ask to you better than me.

cheers

En/na Wolfgang Qual ha escrit: