[Gvsig_english] Geoprocessing tools::strange error appears when trying to clip, intersect, ...

Alvaro Zabala azabala at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 16:30:00 CET 2007

Hi Wolfgang!

The problem could be in the input layers.

What is the format of these layers? ¿SHP, DXF, GML or Postgis?

Sometimes, we see a DXF entity as a polygon, but internally it is a closed
polyline (and overlay geoprocessses like intersection, union, and so dont
work with polylines).

Another cause of error could be wrong geometries....etc

Could you send me to my private mail the files youre working with to make a
test?

Best regards.

Alvaro.

2007/3/7, Wolfgang Qual <wolfgang.qual at gmx.net>:

> Hi list,
> I would like to test the geoprocessing-functions of gvSIG. However, Clip
> and
> Intersect did not work correctly by now. I always get the same error
> message:
> Result layer is empty. Check for possible error.
> I do not really understand this, as - within the view - it is clear to see
> that there are overlapping areas, therefore, I would expect a result for
> clip
> or intersect in this case.
>
> Is there a known bug in version 1.0.1 (running on Linux, Debian).
>
> Comments are appreciated!
>
> Best regards,
> Wolfgang

Alvaro Zabala Ordóñez