[Gvsig_english] Geoprocessing Functions::Proximity::Buffer::Problem with dissolved buffer features

Alvaro Zabala azabala at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 16:36:08 CET 2007

Hi Wolfgang!

Dissolve of buffered geometries, over all if they touch each other very
often could be a very memory consumption task, (and maybe errors are java
out of memory exceptions).

Could you send me the input file you are working with when met the errors,
to see the error cause?

Thanks in advance and best regards!

2007/3/7, Wolfgang Qual <wolfgang.qual at gmx.net>:

> Hi list,
> another test that produced the error message: Result layer empty...:
> I created a buffer feature around some buildings with 30m distance. When
> activating the dissolve option within the buffer-dialogue, the buffer is
> not
> created and the error message appears.
> If I deactivate the dissolve-option, the buffer is created. Therefore, I
> thought it should be possible to use the "Dissolve"-Geoprocessing tool to
> dissolve the boundaries in a second step, but gvSIG only gives me the
> already
> memorised (haha) error message (the buffer elements are overlapping very
> often- could this be a problem?).
>
> Greetings,
> Wolfgang

Alvaro Zabala Ordóñez