[Gvsig_english] wish: (extended) field statistics

Wolfgang Qual wolfgang.qual at gmx.net
Tue Mar 13 11:09:16 CET 2007

Hi list&developers,
another wish for gvSIG: it would be good, if gvSIG would enable me to
calculate some extended field statistics. An example:
I have a polygon theme with some categories (1-4). Now, I would like to sum up
all ar eas for these categories - total area of all polygons with cat. 1,
total area of all polygons with cat. 2, etc.
For dbf-files, I think, this should be possible also in openoffice (actually,
I do not know how, but I'll looking for a solution), but it would be nice to
be able to do the same for other file-types (postgresql, ....) - therefore a
built-in function for this purpose would be nice-to-have for gvSIG.
What do you think?

Best,
Wolfgang