[Gvsig_english] Writing extensions for gvSIG

Antonio Falciano afalciano at yahoo.it
Mon Mar 19 16:53:45 CET 2007

Wolfgang Qual wrote:
> Hi list,
> I would like to know, whether someone has already written a python-based
> extension for gvSIG. I really would like to learn more about this..
>
> Greetings,
> Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,
...that is the question!
IMHO it would be quite simple to write a python-based extension
for gvSIG, only if the classes and methods used by gvSIG are documented.
Now, if someone wants to develop an extension, he has to study the
source code and I think that this is not a work for a GIS user.
I hope that the scripting docs will be more detailed as soon as possible,
so we'll be able to customize gvSIG and contribute to its development.

Regards,
Antonio Falciano
freelancer engineer
intern at Regional Rivers Authority of Basilicata, Italy