[Gvsig_english] How to pass points to SHPMultiLine class...

Antonio Falciano afalciano at yahoo.it
Fri Mar 30 20:11:25 CEST 2007

Hi list.
I'm working on development of a python script that, given couples of
points with their coords
from a DBF souce, has to return a shapefile of polylines. Exploring the
javadocs, I found the class
"SHPMultiLine" of "com.iver.cit.gvsig.fmap.drivers.shp.write" package
that makes my case, but it's
not simple to use for a novice like me... In other hand, a simplier way
could be to use "GeneralPathX",
because uses a CADlike approach with .moveTo(x,y), .lineTo(x,y) and
.finalize() methods.
In reference to you, what is the more convenient way to solve this question?
Any ideas are appreciated.

Best regards,
Antonio Falciano
freelancer engineer
intern at Regional Rivers Authority of Basilicata, Italy