[Gvsig_english] Problem while opening oracle table (no geometry)

Wolfgang Qual Wolfgang.Qual at gmx.net
Thu Nov 22 09:54:37 CET 2007

Hi list,
I would like to add an oracle table (no geometry) to my project. To do so, I chose "table" within the project manager and then "database". In this dialogue, I add the necessary information (connection parameters, user and pw), but no table will be opened. gvSIG just freezes and the only thing I can do is to kill the gvSIG-process.
The strange thing is: when trying to open a table of a geometry feature (a feature, which I would normally add using the add layer dialogue), the table structure is shown (but no values). I attach a screenshot of this.
All this is quite confusing. Therefore, I would be grateful, if someone could explain this to me.

Ah, I forgot to mention the error messages which are written to the logfile, when trying to connect to that "normal" oracle table:
WARN AWT-EventQueue-1 com.iver.andami.PluginServices - Plugin com.iver.core -- Konnte Übersetzung nicht finden für: Tabelle : db04.muenchen.de:1524/ora37 Table:adr_kamin
INFO AWT-EventQueue-1 com.hardcode.gdbms.engine.data.AutomaticDataSource - datasource closed
DEBUG AWT-EventQueue-1 com.iver.cit.gvsig.project.documents.table.gui.Table - dataSource.start()
INFO AWT-EventQueue-1 com.hardcode.gdbms.engine.data.AutomaticDataSource - timer start
INFO Thread-19 com.hardcode.gdbms.engine.data.AutomaticDataSource - datasource closed
DEBUG AWT-EventQueue-1 com.iver.andami.ui.mdiFrame.MDIFrame - Memoria total: 89 MB
WARN AWT-EventQueue-1 com.iver.andami.PluginServices - Plugin com.iver.core -- Konnte Übersetzung nicht finden für: Tabelle: db04.muenchen.de:1524
WARN AWT-EventQueue-1 com.iver.andami.PluginServices - Plugin com.iver.core -- Konnte Übersetzung nicht finden für: ora37 Table:adr_kamin
WARN AWT-EventQueue-1 com.iver.andami.PluginServices - Plugin com.iver.core -- Konnte Übersetzung nicht finden für: ora37 Table:adr_kamin
WARN AWT-EventQueue-1 com.iver.andami.PluginServices - Plugin com.iver.core -- Konnte Übersetzung nicht finden für: Aktiviert das fenster
INFO AWT-EventQueue-1 com.hardcode.gdbms.engine.data.AutomaticDataSource - timer start
INFO Thread-20 com.hardcode.gdbms.engine.data.AutomaticDataSource - datasource closed
INFO AWT-EventQueue-1 com.hardcode.gdbms.engine.data.AutomaticDataSource - timer start

Third: a wish for the add database-table dialoguebox. Wouldn't it be nice to add a possibility to be able to see all available tables within the database (just like the great geoBD-extension). It would be also great, if I did not have to specify the connection parameters again and again.

Best regards,
Wolfgang