[Gvsig_english] Connection to PostGIS

Chris Puttick chris.puttick at oxfordarch.co.uk
Thu Oct 25 16:45:58 CEST 2007

> <snip>
> 2) using the EXACT name of the database...
> which allows to retrieve a table of attribute data from the database EmmyDB, not the features.
> The error message is : "Error de conexion: Backend start-up failed:org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: database "emmydb" does
> not exist."
> For sure, as it's named 'EmmyDB' which does not seem to be a pb when getting a table from it, see attachment.

I would try renaming the database 'emmydb', if you can, as the error message clearly suggests that is the database that is being requested. The JDBC driver may deal differently with a table request, which is why that works when the full database connection dose not.

Chris

Chris Puttick
CIO
Oxford Archaeology: Exploring the Human Journey
Direct: +44 (0)1865 263 818
Switchboard: +44 (0)1865 263 800
Mobile: +44 (0)7914 402 907
http://thehumanjourney.net