[Gvsig_english] Field calculator::possibility to calculate x/y coordinates?

Wolfgang Qual wolfgang.qual at gmx.net
Mon Sep 10 14:28:37 CEST 2007

Hi Sergio,
thanks for your response. Great to hear that calculation of coordinates is
possible for point themes. Sometimes, calculation of coorinates for polygon
themes can be interesting, too. A colleague of me (she actually uses ArcView
3.2 at the moment) needed that function in the past to identify polygons in
two versions of the same theme.
I think that ArcView first calculates the centre of gravitiy of a polygon and
than calculates the coordinates of that point. My colleague therefore used
these coordinates to see, which polygons had changed its shape.
Therefore, my question should be a different one: is there a possibility to
identify the centres of gravity for a polygon theme?

Thanks in advance && best regards,
Wolfgang

Am Donnerstag 06 September 2007 pH:06:17 nachmittags/abends schrieb Sergio
Clark: