[Gvsig_english] Field calculator::possibility to calculate x/y coordinates?

Antonio Falciano afalciano at yahoo.it
Thu Sep 20 18:38:55 CEST 2007

Hi Wolfgang,
I'm agree with you. I think that we all prefer a simple button to make
these operations.
A good approach/algorithm could be:
http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/%7Epbourke/geometry/polyarea/
but we need a way to obtain the coords of the single vertices...
I think to the OGC Simple Feature Specifications in WKT format...
extract coords by this string and apply the right formulas!
In pseudo code, it seems too easy... :)

Regards,
Antonio