[Gvsig_english] Adding geoBD

Antonio Falciano afalciano at yahoo.it
Wed Sep 26 16:41:02 CEST 2007

José Vicente Higón ha scritto:
> On Tuesday 25 September 2007 18:20:18 Antonio Falciano wrote:
>> Dear developers,
>> I have to do some remarks about Adding --> geoBD:
>> - gvSIG doesn't recognize 'the_geom' field for a PostGIS view and so it's
>> not possible to add it;
> Is your view in the geometry_columns table?
> gvSIG looks in this table in order to know what is the geometry column.

The PostGIS view can be chosen as selectable table, the ID field is
recognized (gid), while the geometry field not. In particular, the geometry
field combobox is active but at the same time is empty, even if the view
contains a geometry field called 'the_geom'. Consequently, the Apply
button is not active and it's not possible to add the PostGIS view.

>> - furthermore, when I try to limitate a PostGIS layer by an SQL
>> expression, e.g. "FIELD_NAME" = 'field_value' or "FIELD_NAME" >
>> field_value, I have the following error:
>>
> Here, I don't know what is the problem.

It seems that SQL query is not implemented yet...

Regards,
Antonio