[Gvsig_english] Export to Postgis

Marcus C. England marcuscengland at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 07:32:58 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I had been using the SPIT tool in qgis out of habit to import shapefiles
into Postgis, but it turns out that when I updated my qgis version, the
new SPIT creates Postgis layers that gvsig can not load for some reason.
Anyway, I tried exporting to postgis in gvSIG for the first time. gvSIG
creates both wkb_geometry and the_geometry (I am used to only seeing
the_geometry). What is the purpose of wkb_geometry? It doesn't display
on a map, and in some programs it makes it look like I have two separate
layers.

Regards,

Marcus