[Gvsig_english] FOSSGIS 2008 in Freiburg /Germany

Wolfgang Qual wolfgang.qual at gmx.net
Mon Apr 7 12:20:07 CEST 2008

Hi list,
well, there were no additional commtents regarding the wish to setup a public
svn-repository (sigh). I really hope that this step (repository) can be done
in the nearer future, as this is seen as cruical for a candidate of the
osgeo-membership (I have heard this so many times when attending the
fossgis-conference).
I can imagine that great efforts are necessary to become an osgeo-member - no
doubt. But as far as I can see, the advantages will overbalance in the end.
Therefore, I would like to encourage all developers and decision-makers of
the gvSIG-project to intensify their involvement regarding the process
of "upgrading" the wonderful gvSIG-programme to (become) an osgeo-project!

As ever: best regards,
Wolfgang

ps: comments are always appreciated...