[Gvsig_english] Scripting to draw a line in the gvSIG

Pablo Piqueras Bartolomé pablo.piqueras at iver.es
Mon Apr 7 17:34:35 CEST 2008

Hello,

I'll try to help you  some steps summarized:

1.- Connect to your /mySQL/ database using a suitable driver.
2.- Hold the connection.
3.- Use that connection to execute the query you want to the database.
4.- Process the response, getting the points.
5.- Get reference to the current actived view's MapControl.
6.- Get the MapControl's layer where you want to write. (The layer to
modify must be editable).
7.- Draw the line. The easiest way to do this (assuming the layer is
vector(ial)) is writting  directly at the layer's /graphics/. You should
get the equivalent screen point coordinates of the points got from the
database (use the MapControl's ViewPort to do this:
Viewport#fromMapPoint(Point2D point)).

Some interesting links:

- Python in /gvSIG/:
http://www.gvsig.gva.es/fileadmin/conselleria/images/Documentacion/descargas/manuales/gvsig-1_0-scripting-tutorial-v2-en.zip