[Gvsig_english] Issues with Oracle Expatial export

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio jldominguez at prodevelop.es
Fri Apr 18 14:46:52 CEST 2008

Hello, Diego

I have tried what you mention without a problem. This is what I have done with gvSIG 1.1.2. Please tell me if this is not what you meant:

- I have a 3d shapefile (attached baleares_3d.zip). and a copy of it (you can simply select the three files and use copy-paste to get a "Copy of baleares_3d.shp", which is a new valid shapefile.

- I have created a view in gvSIG and added both files (the view is in EPSG:23030).

- I select one of the layers and export it to Oracle. When I am asked whether the table should be added to the view, I say yes.

- I click on the other layer that comes from a shapefile and export it again to Oracle. When I am asked whether the table should be added to the view, I say yes.

- The four layers show without a problem, and I can see with another application that the geometries are truly 3d in the database.

Is this what you are trying to do? Can you repeat what I have done with the attached zipfile, and tell me what happens, please? Can you send me one of the shapefiles you are using?

Best regards,

Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio
Prodevelop SL, Valencia (España)
Tlf.: 96.351.06.12 -- Fax: 96.351.09.68