[Gvsig_english] Projection on the fly

Marcel St-Germain pvmstg at videotron.ca
Tue Apr 29 15:47:57 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I move from os10,3 to os 10,5 on my new mac.  I install again
yesterday the 1,1,2 version.  It's start fine but, when I create a
simple projet I find it verry slow... to show the map.  Maybe my
memory was not good, but seem faster on 10,3 on a slower mac.

Anyway, in my previous attemp, I mixte shapefile with various
projections.  I work fine, if I remember correctly.  Yesterday I try
the same but... no reprojection on the fly.  So my utm data, when zoom
to layer are show in meters at the right coordinates (read at the
lower right info bar).  The canvec data GCS_North_American_1983 show
also the right info in the dd format.

So first why two type of info.  Normaly, in esri anyway, the info show
by default the view setting not the shape projection?  Whith arcmap
9,2 you can display your info in and other format you specifie but...

Second, when my view is in utm, in the scale, when I zoom to all my
canvec data... 031G09, the scale is 1:1 but in my utm data, verry
small shape, I found 1 : 7000.  Look like the canvec
GCS_North_American_1983 projection is not interpreted correctly or
something is wrong with the reprojection.

I change my utm view, for the same projection of the canvec data, and
then it was ok at first and after less than 10 sec. the lat long info
change by itself to something like meters info.  But with lat long
prefixe.  It's like it try to show my first shape layer who is in utm
projection.  Zoom to layer give me back to the lat long info.

So utm or dd change nothing in my layers.  I can't have the two type
show one on top of the others like I had before.

Also on the mac, the propriety windows is not expandable so...
impossible to know the meaning of the 2 lowers button, since the
labeling is not show.

Hoping this is only a mac bug because I'm confuse.

Marcel