[Gvsig_english] compiling Sextante and gvSIG

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 18:30:53 CEST 2008

Hi list,
As we are evaluating gvSIG as a canditate to be used in our institute,
we would like to know two major things:

1 - how hard is to setup the development environment to add/change
functionalities in gvSIG, and then recompile it
2 - same question about Sextante (this is more important for then the
previous request)

We already know about the scripting capabilites offered by Jython, but
we need to have more control over the system.
I'm not an expert Java developer, but we can use it to chenge minor
functionalities in gvSIG, and to write our own algorithms inside both
gvSIG and Sexstante.

Thanks in advance for the attention,
Giovanni