[Gvsig_english] Re: recommended raster exchange format

Tim Michelsen timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de
Wed Aug 13 00:19:24 CEST 2008

Benjamin Ducke schrieb:
> The r.out.gdal module is not very good at guessing the right data type
> for your data. You may need to experiment a bit with the "type" option.
> If your data is floating point, try
>
> type=Float64
>
> In that case, of course, you will not be able store cell colours
> directly in the TIFF file, meaning that you have to re-create
> your palette in gvSIG.

I tried r.out.tiff and got a TIFF which I was able to load into gvSIG.
Unfortunately, the colortable option from the raster pilot was greyed
out on that layer. I guess because it had already a colortable attached
to it.
I need to have a legend in my map printout with a colortable.

All rasters I export from GRASS with r.out.gdal are not readable.
A bad situation because all my analysis are well finished and now I
cannot get my data into gvSIG.

But it seems that this is more a GRASS export problem since rasters
aren't also opening in QGIS.

Kind regards,
Timmie