[Gvsig_english] gvSIG organizational questions

Atle Frenvik Sveen atlefren at stud.ntnu.no
Tue Dec 9 12:05:17 CET 2008

Hello group!

I hope there are someone out there who can provide me answers to the
following questions. They are used in an evaluation of FOS Desktop GIS
projects I am writing. I couldn't find answers to these questions on the
gvSIG webpages (if they are listed someplace, please tell me)

1) Number of developers, who they are, how many and how long they have
been around (turnover rates)

2) The core developer team (or what it is called), what do one have do
to join, are there any requirements etc?

3) Sponsors of the project (as far as I can tell the Regional Council
for Infrastructures and Transportation in Valencia is involved, anyone
else sponsoring the project?)

4) Is it a corporation or an independent foundation or the like (with
support from corporations) who are the project driver here?

thanks in advance
Atle F. Sveen

--
Atle Frenvik Sveen