Re3: [Gvsig_english] reference grid

Agustin Diez Castillo Agustin.Diez at uv.es
Sat Dec 13 17:21:14 CET 2008

Ruth and others,
Maybe is not the best way to do it, but if you create a point graticule with sextante and
add two coordinates columns to the table and one for rotation you can label the dots. You
can export this an annotation layer and you'll be pretty much done.
Agustin

> Hi Sergio,
>
> thanks for your reply. I already do first testings with gvSIG 1.9a and I was looking for
the possibility to add text to the grid cells at the border of my layout, fe. coordinates
from a reference system. (example in wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grid_reference.) With help of this information, I could
orientate myself during work in the fields easy-going..
> At this time, I have the opportunity with 1.9a to add a grid, do some configurations for
the appearance of the grid, but I am not able to add coordinate information
> If I choose "configure" for the grid (view properties, layout doc type), I am allowed to
enter a font type but I haven´t understood yet, where the font is for or where to enter text?
before? http://runas.cap.gva.es/pipermail/gvsig_internacional/2008-December/002734.html
> Thanks in advance.
> Ruth
>

> Hi Ruth,
>
> I don't know which gvSIG version are you working with, but gvSIG 1.9
> alpha already includes the possibility of adding a Coordinate Grid into
> the layout (View Properties in the layout, check 'Show grid'). Also you
> can 'Configure' it, and choose a separation interval value, colour,
> size, lines or points grid, etc.
>
> Remember that gvSIG 1.9 is an alpha version, so it may have some bugs
> and instabilities. Take care of saving .gvp backups if you are going to
> use it for real work. Downloads here:
>
> https://gvsig.org/web/projects/gvsig-desktop/devel/gvsig-1_9
>

> Regards,
>
> Sergio.

Dr. Agustín Diez Castillo
Departament de Prehistòria i Arqueologia
Phone:   +34 963 86 42 42
Avda. Blasco Ibañez, 28   Fax:      +34 963 86 42 34
València 46010