[Gvsig_english] gvSIG Mobile, ECW, GDAlLtip

Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio jldominguez at prodevelop.es
Thu Dec 18 11:19:12 CET 2008

Hello all:

If you have a raster file (JPG, PNG, etc) with a georeference file (WLD, JGW, etc) and you want to use it in gvSIG Mobile, you will probably have to convert it to ECW. In that case, it's better to convert it in two steps, so you dont lose the rotation information:

gdalwarp image.jpg image.tif
gdal_translate -of ecw image.tif image.ecw

(the georeference file image.jgw or image.wld file must be in the same folder)

See an example here:

https://correo.prodevelop.es/descarga/mobile/gdal/raster_to_ecw.jpg

gdalwarp and gdal_translate utilities are part of FWTools http://fwtools.maptools.org

Regards,