[Gvsig_english] Install problems on Ubuntu 8.10

Marcus C. England marcuscengland at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 02:17:00 CET 2008

The problem is an issue with Java 1.5 and Compiz Fusion. The solution
noted below works and is what I am using... it just causes the splash at
program startup to not work. The other alternative is to turn off
desktop effects and gvSIG will work normally without doing what is
instructed below.

-Marcus