RES: [Gvsig_english] Problems with MrSID files

Antonio Falciano afalciano at yahoo.it
Thu Feb 14 16:35:56 CET 2008

Rafhael Bussolo da Silva ha scritto:
> Antonio,
>
> I had this same problem but didn't try to convert mrsid format to jpg. I saw that the image is regularly visible, but in wrong coordinate position comparing with my vector base information.

Rafhael,
jpg is not a convenient solution in most cases, because it's a format
with loss. jpg and so .jgw was used only to verify if the worldfile
associated to mrSID images was correct.

> So, how I can convert sid to jpg? Is it using gvSIG?

No, gvSIG allows us only to convert raster to tiff/geotiff format,
although it's just a great capability. This type of conversion is
possible using e.g. ogr2ogr (http://www.gdal.org/ogr/ogr2ogr.html)

> This kind of extension (.jgw) give a jpg format spatial references like geotiff format?

Yes.

Best regards,
Antonio