[Gvsig_english] Regarding symbology::some wishes for the new symbology function

Wolfgang Qual wolfgang.qual at gmx.net
Fri Feb 15 15:07:37 CET 2008

Hello Jaume,
Am Freitag 15 Februar 2008 12:59:44 schrieb jaume domínguez faus:
> Hello Wolfgang,
>
> answers for your questions below.
thanks

> Wolfgang Qual wrote:
> > Hi list, develpers (Jaume?)
> > I do not know exactly, what will be implemented with the new
> > symbology-function, therefore, I can only write, what I would change
> > within the existing function:
> >
> > * possibility to group classes
>
> This will be included.
good.

> > * there should be something like "recently used colours", where recently
> > picked colours can be taken from. At the moment, it is nearly impossible
> > to get the same colour for different classes/layers (without writing down
> > the RGB-value..)
>
> We did not think on this, but it is a good idea. I take note.
Well, it is somehow implemented (half way). When I choose a colour, this
colour will appear in a small box (with the heading "Aktuell" in the german
version of gvSIG). The only thing is that this colour is not saved for other
classes.

> > * when classifying, it should be possible to move classes up and down
> > (change the order of the classes)
>
> ok, we can move classes up an down, but question is: does the order have
> any expected behavior? or it is just for ease of use?
I am not sure whether I understood your answer correctly. I just came to this,
while creating a landuse map: there were different types of water bodies, and
I would have liked to group them together. Of course, I can add a new
numerical column for this grouping purpose, but,.... it would be nice to
have.