[Gvsig_english] How georeferencing geographic coordinates in gvSIG

Agustin Diez Castillo Agustin.Diez at uv.es
Mon Feb 18 10:19:26 CET 2008

Mumrik,
Are you using decimal degrees? You need to use them, here is how to
transform your original coordinates:
- Go to gps visualizer [1]
-degrees+min/60+sec/3600 [2]
This is my own translation of an original post in Spanish by Daniel
Orellana.
First: you should crerta two new field in your table to store decimal
degrees.
Second: You calculate the decimal degrees with the above formula
where min are minutes and sec seconds.
Third: You make a new event layer with your fresh coordinates
(decimal degress)
Four: You cross your fingers and try with the image you want
georeference
Obviously, the formula works outsid of gvSIG as well.

Good Luck and reports results if any.
Agustin
[1] http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/calculators#coordinates
[2] http://runas.cap.gva.es/pipermail/gvsig_usuarios/2008-February.txt