[Gvsig_english] gvSIG and scripting::any examples available?

Wolfgang Qual wolfgang.qual at gmx.net
Thu Feb 28 17:15:59 CET 2008

Hi list,
a few months ago, I posted a message regarding scripting capabilities of
gvSIG. "Theoretically, scripting is possible", I was told. But there were yet
no "real-life" examples for gvSIG-scripts.
Now, a colleague asked me again, whether gvSIG would allow to write a script
which could do this:
* zoom to all features of a polygon theme (for example area theme with
zip-codes)
* (set the scale to a custom number, for example 1:10.000)
* create an image file of each area and
* store these files with file names that would contain the zip-code taken from
the attribute table of that certain theme.

I did a similar thing once with Avenue in ArcView (well, I only combined two
existing scripts I found on the internet).
Would be great to hear from some fearless gvSIG-cracks who already created a
script for gvSIG. Would it be hard to develop something similar to the above
for a I-am-not-a-programmer-person?   ;-)

Your comments are appreciated very much.
Best regards,
Wolfgang