[Gvsig_english] 3D pilot extension is now also available in gvSIG 1.1.1

Antonio Falciano afalciano at yahoo.it
Tue Jan 8 12:02:53 CET 2008

Mario Carrera ha scritto:

> Hi all,
>
> the pilot application awarded the development contract for the 3D
> Extension by the Regional Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport is
> available. It allows the creation of 3D Views, XYZ-projected as well as
> spherical (planetary), where local and remote data sources can be loaded
> as layers, and displayed using most of the options available in 2D like
> transparency, labeling, legends, etc.
>
> It is available in the Extensions section of the web page
> (http://www.gvsig.gva.es/index.php?id=1835&L=2).
>
> Advice: To install this extension you must have correctly installed
> gvSIG 1.1.1 version

Hi Mario, hi all,
this is a great new!
In reference to this new plugin, I have installed it on win and it seems
to work fine, while on Ubuntu Gutsy it causes the crash of the os. On
both os it is installed correctly gvSIG 1.1.1 and I have 512 MB DDR2 of RAM.
In truth, the machine is the same, because I use the dual boot. Is this
perhaps due to high request of RAM?

Best regards,
Antonio