[Gvsig_english] 3D pilot extension is now also available in gvSIG 1.1.1

Rafa Gaitan rafa.gaitan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 09:08:11 CET 2008

Hi Antonio,

I'm other developer of the 3D extension.

We have encountered some problems related to the use
of the propietary driver on ATI cards with linux.

We have found a solution compiling native part
with g++-3.3, but by default is not distributed with
binary package on the web.

Could you test the 3D plugin using the free driver?
If runs ok, you could work but with poor performance.

Anyway I could prepare a patch with native binaries compiled
with g++-3.3 to avoid this problem.

Julio told me that he answered you directly. Thanks for
testing and thanks for the translation, If we have time I would
like to add to the patch Italian translation.

On Jan 8, 2008 1:03 PM, Antonio Falciano <afalciano at yahoo.it> wrote:

> Julio Campos ha scritto:
> > Hi Antonio,
> > I am one of the developers of the new 3D pluging for GvSIG.
>
> Hi Julio!
>
> > I need more information about your pc and ubuntu configuration. Please
> answer these questions:
> > what is your graphics card? I need to known the model.
>
> ATI MOBILITY RADEON X700 PCI Express With 64MB VRAM
>
> > does your ubuntu enable the direct rendering (3D hardware acceleration)
> ?
>
> Yes, it supports 3D, but when I tried the plugin, 3D was not enabled.
> I'll try it with 3D hardware acceleration enabled.
>
> > And what is the graphics card driver that you are using in ubuntu?
>
> I use the proprietary driver.
>
> > best Regards,
> > Julio.
>
> Regards,