[Gvsig_english] data handling

pvmstg pvmstg at videotron.ca
Thu Jan 10 21:41:53 CET 2008

Hi Paolo,

post gis, sqlite or other base for spatial management is a plus.

Yes it could be but, like I said before, to get more people to move
from esri to gv_sig it should be more transparent thant it can.
Having to learn a new software it's time consuming so having to also
move files also...  Also, not all are in postgis or others.  In user
pov, I need to be able to receive and send data to an from user base
of esri products... If I have to manage or transform each time, it's
a big, big problems...  The same to exchange with mapinfo base of
user...

With data problem beside, gv_sig will be more and more apealing.

It's my two cent pov anyway

Marcel