[Gvsig_english] Bigger font and icons in Gvsig

Jordi Grimalt grimalt_jor at gva.es
Wed Jan 16 09:55:40 CET 2008

Hi Jan,

       Surely, the problem is based with a problems of the appearance in
your window's desktop. Please check  your appearance configuration,
right button mouse, go to the properties and choose in theme the windows
XP, then in the eyelash of appearance click in advanced options where
you can verify in the element textbox the font and size(Tahoma default,
8) defined.

       Cheers, and good luck!

Jan Helebrant escribió:
> Hi Jordi,
> the problem should not be caused by screen resolution - I use 1024x768 (which is probably smallest one in which the apps can work, in formerly used 800x600 some apps could not fit the screen). The problem happens with java based GIS software generally, I think. Also in Kosmo, and OpenJump. SAGA or QGIS without problem.The main menu respects my Windows settings (default font Arial 14 bold) but other menus - especially the right mouse button menus like "edit, delete layer or layer properties" are very small - I guess 10 or 8 pt. The icons are not so big problem, but could be bigger too.
>
> Any advice?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jan
>

>> From: Jordi Grimalt <grimalt_jor at gva.es>
>> Subject: Re: [Gvsig_english] Bigger font and icons in Gvsig
>> 	<gvsig_internacional at runas.cap.gva.es>
>>
>> Hi Jan:
>>
>>   Maybe, the problem is the screen rosolution which  you're working. Are
>> you sure, that this same problem only happens with the gvSIG software?.
>> Nevertheless, try with another softwares to check that the problem is
>> from gvsig only!
>>
>>   Cheers,
>>

>> Jan Helebrant escribi?:
>>
>>> Hi everybody,
>>> other thing which is not comfortable for me in gvSIG is, that both the font
>>>
>> and icons are very very small. I have to remeber the icons position, because
>> otherwise I had to look from distance about 20 cm to recognize the icon. The
>> fonts are also very small, for example, the font size in layer context menu is
>> about 8pt. Is there any possibility to set it bigger?
>>
>>> Second, It would be very nice to be able to set also bigger icons. ArcGIS or
>>>
>> MS Word can do this - the quality loss (visible squares - pixels) does not
>> matter.
>>
>>> thanks
>>> J.H.
>>>
>>> PS: not all GIS

Jordi Grimalt Ivars.
Proyecto gvSIG
Conselleria de Infraestructuras y Transportes (GVA).
Valencia (Spain)