[Gvsig_english] Gvsig and GDAL

Miguel Montesinos mmontesinos at prodevelop.es
Thu Jan 17 13:04:33 CET 2008

Hi Abbhay,

gvSIG has its own JNI binding to GDAL. As a matter of fact in the last version of GDAL, support for Java binding through SWIG was deprecated.

And yes, the source code of JNI code it's available with the published source code.

As far as I know, gvSIG is not using OGR for vector access. I'm not sure about certain utilities for reading shape headers, but all gvSIG vector drivers are written from scratch.

Regards,

Miguel Montesinos

Director Técnico

PRODEVELOP