[Gvsig_english] Gvsig and GDAL

abhay menon abhay.menon at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 15:55:59 CET 2008

Hi List,

Thanks Miguel for the info about gvSIG own Java bind for GDAL..

I am aware of the fact that GDAL (v 1.5.0) is not currently supporting the
SWIG Java bind, that's due to the lack for a maintainer of the Java SWIG.

But just to share the info I am using the GDAL 1.4.1 version of the same and
was able to compile the GDAL Swig bind for the Java. I was able to compile
the a code to test the Java SWIG run for the same.

following the OgrTest.Java that I wrote to do a dry run on the same. Can
there be a possiblity for converting the OGR geometry to Geometry object
that GvSIG understands.

--------------------------------
OgrTest.java--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
import  org.gdal.ogr.DataSource;
import  org.gdal.ogr.Driver;
import  org.gdal.ogr.Feature;
import  org.gdal.ogr.FeatureDefn;
import  org.gdal.ogr.FieldDefn;
import  org.gdal.ogr.Geometry;
import  org.gdal.ogr.Layer;
import  org.gdal.ogr.ogr;
import  org.gdal.ogr.ogrConstants;

public   class  OgrTest
{
     public  OgrTest() {

     }

     public   void  OgrRead(String str)
     {
          System. out .println( "OGR init..." );
          ogr. RegisterAll ();
          int  count = ogr. GetDriverCount ();

          System. out .println(count + " available Drivers" );

          DataSource ds = ogr. Open (str, 0);
          if (ds == null )
          {
               System. out .println( " Error Opening file " );
               return ;
          }

          Layer la = ds.GetLayerByIndex(0);
          Feature feat = null ;

          la.ResetReading();
          while ((feat = la.GetNextFeature())!= null )
          {
               FeatureDefn featdn = la.GetLayerDefn();
               int  iField = 0;
               for (iField = 0; iField < featdn.GetFieldCount();iField++)
               {
                    FieldDefn fDef = featdn.GetFieldDefn(iField);

                    if ( fDef.GetFieldType() == ogrConstants. OFTInteger )
                         System. out .println( " "  +
feat.GetFieldAsInteger(iField)
+ " " );
                    else   if ( fDef.GetFieldType() == ogrConstants. OFTReal
)
                         System. out .println( " "  +
feat.GetFieldAsDouble(iField)
+ " " );
                    else   if ( fDef.GetFieldType() == ogrConstants.
OFTString )
                         System. out .println( " "  +
feat.GetFieldAsString(iField)
+ " " );
                    else
                         System. out .println( " "  +
feat.GetFieldAsString(iField)
+ " " );
            }

               Geometry poGeometry = feat.GetGeometryRef();
             if ( poGeometry != null
                && (poGeometry.GetGeometryType() == ogrConstants. wkbPoint
))
            {
                 System.out.println(" "+ poGeometry.GetX(0)+ " , "+
poGeometry.GetY(0));
            }
             else
            {
                 System. out .println( "no point geometry\n"  );
            }
            feat.delete();
          }
          ds.delete();
     }

     public   static   void  main(String[] args) {
          OgrTest sa = new  OgrTest();
          sa.OgrRead( "D:/data/RECORD.tab" );
     }
}