[Gvsig_english] Calculating areas in the atribute table.

jaume domínguez faus jaume.dominguez at iver.es
Mon Jan 28 09:57:28 CET 2008

Sorry, your message felt in my junk folder. I've just seen.

pvmstg wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> With the support of avl, do you also plan to support the lyr files of
> esri.
Unfortunately, lyr files are not in the current roadmap. Maybe in the
future.

> Esri lyr is far more flexible than the old avl.  Coding with the use
> of more than one field just to name one, composition of symbols with
> many layers etc.
>
> Also, by grouping many shape or entity (in geobase) it's easy to make
> a template for use in similar data structure.  Just loading the lyr
> and all the shapes or files are load with all the symbology.
Sorry, would you please explain this?

> For the labeling placement, do you have or plan, like in arcmap, the
> hability to make labeling base on sql querry (more than one label for
> a shape).  Also the hability to use a script to define the label like
> if "type"=1 than 'Private'
Yes, this is coming too.

> You said picture and svg.  What's about fonts?  Also, since labeling
> take computer power to calculate each time the position of labels, do
> and export to annotation be available.  In arcmap we finetune labeling
> than export to anno in a file geodatabase with great speed improvement
> and the leaving fine tuning of label placement.
There is already a symbol based in TrueType fonts. It is used for
markers, and by extension by marker lines and marker filled polygons. I
didn't think in the option of use it as a label background but is
something to spend some time with for evaluate.

About the annotation, in fact, that's the goal. But I have to take care
about the specs of such a file format because of the lots of options and
data combinations to meet all needs. And this, naturally, consumes a lot
of time. So, we'll need to be patient.

> One missing feature in basic arcmap who could be a big improvement is,
> the hability to manualy move labeling... When autolabeling, no mather
> the care, most of the time lable are not in the right place so....
This feature, is part of the exporting labels to annotations. Since
gvSIG has edit capabilities, moving labels manually should be, in fact,
the edition of a annotation layer.

--
Jaume Dominguez Faus

Equip gvSIG

Web Map Service
Web Coverage Service
Web Map Context
Simbologia Avançada
Etiquetat Intel·ligent

Iver TI
C. Salamanca, 52
46005 València
Telf: 902 25 25 40 Fax: 96 316 27 16
(Spain)

Este mensaje y sus archivos son confidenciales. No está permitida su reproducción o distribución sin la autorización expresa de "IVER Tecnologías de la Información". Si usted no es el destinatario previsto, queda desautorizado cualquier uso, acceso o copia de este mensaje. Si ha recibido este mensaje por error, por favor bórrelo e infórmenos por esta misma vía.