[Gvsig_english] Bug's list for the upcoming gvSIG 2 version?

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Thu Jul 10 20:45:19 CEST 2008

Hello everybody,

I know it has already been requested in the past but I think it would be great to have a link in the gvSIG's web site regarding the bugs.
Maybe, one could start with the upcoming gvSIG 2 version where I fear the bugs are going to skyrocketing. Every new release has this glitch especially when the sofware run on different platforms.

In the last Spanish gvSIG's manual, in the end, there is a list of some bugs.

Most open source sofwares have such a list and, in my opinion, it is really helpful (I always read it).

At present, with gvSIG, when you are trying hard to do something without success, you never know whether it is your fault or not.
For example, sometimes, it suffice to read the gvSIG's tutorials and manuals better :-)
In other istances, the problem lies in a gvSIG's bug.
Naturally, you can check the different mailing lists (Spanish, Italian, International) but it is not handy at all.

I suppose an open  list regarding the bugs would be time consuming for the developers because you must always update it.
On the other hand, one could argue that the questions regarding gvSIG's could be less frequent to answer for the developers in the different mailing list.

To save time, perhaps, one could include only the important bugs?

Maybe, it could be negative for the gvSIG's "image"?
In my opinion, Quantum gis, for instance, is pretty buggy at present. I never use it for "real" at work because in our Department we have 2 ArcGis licenses.

In conclusion, in my opinion, for an user,  it is important to have such a list because it allows to understand how good is the software.
On top of that, it allows to see how frequently is improved :-)

Keep up the wonderful work (when I think at the progress gvSIG has been doing I am really amazed!).

Best regards

Silvio

      Posta, news, sport, oroscopo: tutto in una sola pagina.
Crea l'home page che piace a te!
www.yahoo.it/latuapagina