[Gvsig_english] Some questions regarding printing

Jorge Sanz jsanz at prodevelop.es
Thu Jul 31 08:50:00 CEST 2008

Hi Luca,

This is a really nice proposal, and arises some interesting questions, going forward with your plan:

- First we need a way to really catch up the community "hopes" and for example ubuntu has a nice portal[1] to vote ideas and proposals, and maybe the most annoying bugs :)

- After that, people at project has to estimate as you say how much will cost and maybe who is the most adequate company, independent developer, university or a mix of them to develop that feature.

- We start fundraising, but how? Which is the best way to get this money in a clear and open way to avoid "bad thoughts"? The "project sponsoring" of OSGeo comes to my mind but it's not exactly the same, I don't know.

For the rest of the process, that is to say, the "production phase" we have pretty well stablished procedures to track the sub-project life but of course this situation is slightly different and if it finally arises we have sure to adapt our procedures to this way.

Can you give us some successful fundraising samples in our FOSS4G world?

Any other experience to share here?

Best Regards
[1] http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/
--