[Gvsig_english] upgrading the gvSIG installation

Tim Michelsen timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de
Thu Jul 31 09:51:36 CEST 2008

Hello,
I have a question concerning the installation of upgrades and plugins.

During the installation process, I get promted to select the path to the gvSIG
installation or let the installer find it automatically. I always use the option
"detect automatically".

Now I found these three directories in the windows programm files path:
c:\Programme\gvSIG\
c:\Programme\gvSIG 1.1.1\
c:\Programme\gvSIG 1.1.2\
c:\Programme\gvSIG_1.1.1_3D\
c:\Programme\gvSIG_piloto_raster\

* Is gvSIG aware of all these?
* Can I merge them together?
* Shall these better be reinstalled to the first path?

For instance, the raster pilot did only get recognised after manually moving the
extension into the directory
c:\Programme\gvSIG\bin\gvSIG\extensiones\

Thanks in advance,
Timmie