[Gvsig_english] assign values of a point theme to a polygon theme in the attribute table

Wolfgang Qual Wolfgang.Qual at gmx.net
Wed Jun 4 14:14:28 CEST 2008

Hi Christian,
ok. Here is my description, I just tested it again

I have a polygon theme and a point theme, which contains a column with
*numerical* attributes, and I am going to assign that information to the
polygon layer:

1) open geoprocessing wizard, choose spatial join
2) input values: input cover: polygon theme, clip cover: point theme,
specify output-cover: output. No additional information, click ok
3) a new window pops up: "group by function". Here, I choose the column name
of the *numerical attribute* and then click on "<-"
4) a third window pops up, showing some sort of radio-button-field: maximum,
minimum, average, summatory. I choose summatory, as I would like to have the
sum of all values of the numerical attributes that fall into one polygon of
the polygon theme, click ok
5) click ok. The new theme will be calculated.
6) the new theme has a two new columns: [colum_name]_SUM and
[column_name]_rela (the number of points that were aggregated in that
certain polygon.

Does this help? I hope so.
Best,
Wolfgang