[Gvsig_english] geoprocessing: overlay creates empty layers

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Sat Jun 7 19:11:46 CEST 2008

Hello,

Using gvSIG 1.1.2 and the Free North Carolina demo data set
(http://www.grassbook.org/data_menu3rd.php), I cannot get overlay to give
me a meaningful result.

Using censusblk_swwake.shp, census_wake2000.shp and urbanareas.shp from
the above data set, and using the overlay tools in the Geoprocessing
toolbox, I get the following results:

Difference (not) and intersection (and): output layer is empty
Union (or): output layer is empty for "census_wake2000 or urbanareas", and
for "census_wake2000 or censusblk_swwake" I get a result layer with the
spatial extension of only censusblk_swwake, but a mixed attribute table.
As the two are spatially hierarchical to each other, I cannot say whether
there is a union in the covered space, but obviously a spatial "or" should
lead to all of the space covered in the output...

Clipping works as expected.

Any hints ?

Moritz