[Gvsig_english] Problem linking two tables and filtering

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Thu Jun 26 11:48:23 CEST 2008

Hello everybody,

I have been trying so far to link two tables in order to apply a filter and visualize the result in the gvSIG's View to no avail.

More precisely, I linked two tables through a common field (a dbf table together with the dbf table regarding the shapefile in the gvSIG's View).
I applied a filter to the first dbf table.
I reopened the View regarding the shapefile with the second dbf table linked to the previous one but nothing shows up.
I can only see the records selected in yellow in the first dbf table but the View is unchanged.
In short, the filter is not applied in the View (but only in the first dbf table imported in gvSIG).

When I join two dbf tables together everything works fine.
I can apply a fiter and visualize it in my gvSIG's View.

I have been trying to use the link union instead of the join union because I have been told that the latter only allows to have a relation 1:1.
The same guy told me the link union allows a relation 1:many (and this is what I am looking for).

I read the gvSIG's manual but it only says: The “Link” tool allows two tables to be linked via a common field, so that any changes that take place in one table will also be shown in the other one.
It doesn't explain whether or not it is possible to filter and visualize some data in a View. I took it for granted but maybe I am wrong?

Thanks in advance
Regards

Silvio

      Hai un indirizzo email difficile da ricordare?

Scegli quello che hai sempre desiderato.

Tantissimi nuovi indirizzi sono ora disponibili su Yahoo! Mail
http://it.docs.yahoo.com/nuovo_indirizzo.html