[Gvsig_english] gvSIG mobile wish

Agustin Diez Castillo Agustin.Diez at uv.es
Fri Mar 7 09:39:15 CET 2008

Hi all,
Reading news about apple's iPhone plans [1] I got a question. Will
gvSIG mobile run in the iPhone? In the affirmative case,
congratulations; in the negative: why not? I'm still excited about
having a gvSIG mobile in my hands at the Girona meeting, it was really
great but my plans don't include to run Windows mobile in any PDA.
Even if we (spaniards) are still waiting for the iPhone, it seems that
the iPhone is growing faster than any other gadget everywhere.
This is one of my technological dreams having an iPhone where gvSIG
could run when I am doing my fieldwork. Let's do it real with gvSIG [2].
Sweet dreams.
Agustin

[1] Here's a special news alert from Macworld: At a Thursday press
briefing at its Cupertino headquarters, Apple took the wraps off its
iPhone Software Development Kit, which will allow software makers to
build native apps for the mobile phone. The company also outlined new
iPhone features aimed at enterprise users during the Thursday
briefing.

Get a complete account of what was discussed in Jason Snell's live
blog from the Apple briefing:

http://www.macworld.com/article/132376/2008/03/liveupdate.html?lsrc=newsalert

Other coverage from Thursday event includes:

* iPhone ready to take on BlackBerry with Enterprise push
http://www.macworld.com/article/132399/2008/03/enterprise.html?lsrc=newsalert

* Apple unveils iPhone SDK
http://www.macworld.com/article/132400/2008/03/iphonesdk.html?lsrc=newsalert

* App Store to distribute iPhone software
http://www.macworld.com/article/132402/2008/03/appstore.html?lsrc=newsalert

* AIM highlights iPhone demo apps
http://www.macworld.com/article/132401/2008/03/aim.html?lsrc=newsalert

We'll have more in-depth coverage of these announcements -- including
developer reaction and analysis from our iPhone experts -- throughout
the coming days. Stay on top of all the news by visiting our iPhone
topic center:

http://www.macworld.com/products/iphone.html?lsrc=newsalert

And be sure to visit iPhone Central for more breaking iPhone news:

http://iphone.macworld.com/?lsrc=newsalert

[2] http://www.lapetlab.it/pagine/svilupposistemigispda.html