[Gvsig_english] insert vertex

Wolfgang Qual Wolfgang.Qual at gmx.net
Fri Mar 7 13:34:46 CET 2008

Hi Chris,
1) while editing, click on "Edit Vertex"
2) select the polygon you would like to add a vertex
3) Press "I"  (in the command line of the digitizing tool, you have several options like Add --> I, Remove --> E etc.) and Enter
4) Click on the Polygon (where you would like to add a vertex) --> Vertex is added. Now you can (for example) use the select-tool to select that new vertex and drag it to the desired location.
This is one possibility. You can do all this without the command line and *all this is nicely written down in the new handbook, page 260 ff.*
I hope that we can start translating that handbook very soon - wouldn't you like to join our group (harhar!)?

Best regards, && have a nice weekend.
Wolfgang

-------- Original-Nachricht --------