[Gvsig_english] Some bugs

Rory Hill roryhill at jerseymail.co.uk
Sat Mar 15 01:52:06 CET 2008

Hi all,

I'm new to this list and fairly new to the gvSIG program, although I
have been using it a lot over the past few weeks and I think it is a
really excellent program.

Although not of critical importance, I would like to contribute to
making gvSIG a better program by reporting the following bugs that I
have found in it (v1.1.2, WinXP). I hope someone could help me with these:

1. An inexplicable change in font size occurs when I move the text of a
selected annotation point. This happens in the annotation layer, and
occurred whilst I was editing a project containing nine SHP layers.
2. In the map editor, a change in the fill colour (xxxx pattern) of the
polygon rings from the Buffer GeoProcess occurs upon selecting 1:1 zoom
of the A3-sized map. The colour of the fill pattern changes from pink
(the colour it should be) to grey, and this re-occurs sporadically when
zooming to different levels.
3. Also in the map editor, the size and spatial layout of objects change
upon returning to the map window after having been in the view window.
However, upon clicking on 1:1 zoom, the objects return to normal. I am
guessing because this is a problem that can be remedied by essentially
'refreshing' the view, it is not too big a deal.

Many thanks for any help,

All the best,

Rory Hill.