[Gvsig_english] ECW and DWG

Chris Puttick chris.puttick at thehumanjourney.net
Fri Mar 21 19:05:07 CET 2008

There are libraries around that facilitate the reading of DWG (earlier versions), and for those with a streak of pragmatism, there is a not-quite-free library set from the Open Design Alliance that allows reading DWG upto most recent versions. I assume gvSIG is using the older libraries.

Personally I'd love to see the API for this built into gvSIG so that those who need DWG access can download it; I'd go so far as to proffer a contribution towards the cost of getting gvSIG membership at the "sustaining" level so that a non-free as in freedom version of gvSIG with complete DWG compatibility could be available for download. If enough people/organisations contribute "founding" membership would be even better!

Chris