[Gvsig_english] ECW and DWG

Alvaro Zabala azabala at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 13:52:19 CET 2008

gvSIG's dwg driver is based in the pythoncad open source code, which reads
dwg 2000 and older versions by implementing the open specs of opendesign
alliance.
This code has been improved because it had many mistakes, because pythoncad
never drawed a dwg file (its code only writes in console the entities it
reads)

best regards

2008/3/21, Mijail <hmijail at gmail.com>:

> Sorry, I just realized my mistake: I meant ERMapper, not ESRI, of
> course.
>
> El 21/03/2008, a las 19:56, Mijail escribió:
>
> > In the ECW / technological issues part, I can say that there are
> > libraries with source published by ESRI (and those are the ones we
> > are using in gvSIG), though you could say that they are less than
> > perfect.
> >
> > Regards.
> > El 21/03/2008, a las 17:54, Paolo Cavallini escribió:
> >> Hi all.
> >> AFAIK, no free and open source software is able (due both to
> >> technological and patenting issues) to read ECW and DWG files. I am
> >> therefore wondering about how gvSIG can do that, and I'd be
> >> grateful of
> >> any technical and legal clarification.
> >> Many thanks.
> >> pc