[Gvsig_english] problem with gvSIG on vista

Diego Guidi diegoguidi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 19:43:54 CET 2008

> Actually gvSIG isn't being tested for Windows Vista, therefore is normal
> that you find anomalies with some functionalities. In fact, we have
> problems with some libraries, one of them is the raster library.

A "cool" solution that "works on my machine" (@ codinghorror:
http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/archives/000818.html) is to use
directly the sources :)
I'm using eclipse 3.2.2 + gvsig 1.1.2 + JDK 1.6 (this requires some
fixes in the code, with 1.5 i suppose that the code compiles from
scratch) and all works well, except... any try to open a raster fails
with an exception like "gdal not found" :(
This happens also in some machines with XP, and it's not related to
Vista/XP but i think that I'm unable to configure the environment for
use the native libraries.
Any suggestion?