[Gvsig_english] importing a CSV file with x,y,z values

Jorge Sanz jsanz at prodevelop.es
Wed May 14 12:59:57 CEST 2008

Hi guys,

Just let me explain how that tool works. The "add event layer" button appears when gvSIG has any table loaded (because without tables that button is useless). If you load a shapefile on a view and open the attribute table, this table appears also as a "table document" at the project manager (you know, the view/table/layout interface) so the button appears at the view interface.

To add a CSV you have to follow the gvSIG manual instructions at [1], taking care of the delimiters!! Once you have the new "table document" you can add the event layer following [2].

[1] https://gvsig.org/web/docusr/userguide-gvsig-1-1/tablas/cargar-una-tabla-a-partir-de-un-fichero-csv/index_html-en/view?et_language=en
[2] https://gvsig.org/web/docusr/userguide-gvsig-1-1/Views/anadir-capa-de-eventos/anadir-capa-de-eventos-en

Cheers!