[Gvsig_english] gvSIG's videos

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Wed May 14 19:14:02 CEST 2008

Hello everybody,

I found on Internet (youTube) many videos about gvSIG.
The link is:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ODYr7AH0a-Q&feature=related

I really appreciated them even tough some of them are
only in Spanish with a Spanish interface.
In some cases, their resolution is a bit low, as usual
with YouTube's videos :-)

On the gvSIG's site I didn't find any link to them (I
only checked in the courses and tutorials link).
Nevertheless, I do think some of them have been
created by gvSIG's developers.

Are they "official" videos?

Most important, is it possible to have some of them
directly in the gvSIG's site on Internet, in the
future, with a better resolution?
Maybe only some of them to save space on the server
:-)

The best, as a stranger (I am an Italian) would be to
have them in English with the gvSIG's interface in
English as well.
Maybe, my wish is a little bit difficult to answer
because all the developers speak Spanish.
Besides, gvSIG is developed in Spain for a Spanish
customers.
Maybe, an option could be to insert a subtitle in
English in order to make everybody happy :-)

I do think videos are the best way to learn a
software.
Arcgis has wonderful tutorials on-line.
For instance,you can have a look at:
http://www.esri.com/flashmedia/usability/usability_enhancements_all/usability_enhancements.html
Qgis has some cool videos too (the link is
http://qgis.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=89&Itemid=77).

In my opinion, the more gvSIG is documented, the more
its future will be bright.

Best regards and keep up the wonderful work

All the best

Silvio