[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 2 portable?

José Antonio Canalejo Alonso jacanalejo at yahoo.es
Mon May 19 22:36:27 CEST 2008

You can get gvSIG 1.1 portable here: http://downloads.gvsig.org/pub/images/gvSIG1.1USB/
"This USB disk contains a runnable version of gvSIG 1.1 (the last stable version) in the three platforms on which gvSIG is available at this moment: GNU/Linux, Windows and Mac OS. The objective of this distribution is allowing the user to run a fully-functional version of gvSIG on a computer with no software prerequisites(*). Therefore, along with gvSIG's binary files, the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) is provided for both Windows and GNU/Linux. Mac OS comes with a pre-installed JVM.
*  This is not true for some versions of GNU/Linux. See the section dedicated to that platform for details.
In addition, some geographic data sample files (in both vector and raster format) and a gvSIG project file are provided. The project file will also attempt to connect to some remote datasources, so the user will need an Internet connection to work properly with it.
All gvSIG's functionalities (geoprocesses, raster visualization, access to remote SDIs, etc) will be therefore available, on a wide variety of platforms and with all the software dependencies resolved"
Regards
José Antonio