[Gvsig_english] gvSIG 2 portable?

Jorge Sanz jsanz at prodevelop.es
Tue May 20 09:10:02 CEST 2008

Hi Silvio, thank you for your comments

I'm pretty sure gvSIG 2 will be "portable" as well because creating a portable version of gvSIG is really easy. You just need to create a proper folder structure and put everything (Java Runtime, gvSIG, running scripts) in its place.

It's also possible to update a portable version of gvSIG (I think the 3rd meeting USB had gvSIG 1.1.1) to put 1.1.2, SEXTANTE and so on. You just need to select the JRE and the gvSIG USB folders when you run the installer and that's all.

At least for linux and windows versions because the Mac apps esoteric folder structure is so depth that I wasn't able to unzip it on the USB (!!).

Cheers
--
Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas
Ingeniero en Geodesia y Cartografía