[Gvsig_english] gvSIG build 1219::sextante-extension::question regarding vector commands

Wolfgang Qual wolfgang.qual at gmx.net
Thu Nov 20 12:42:27 CET 2008

Hi list,
I just installed the lates build of gvSIG 2.0. I was very pleased to see that
sextante became part of the standard installation an even happier to see that
new features - especially regarding vector layers - were added to that
extension. ;)
Now, as reported earlier in this list, I requested/asked about additional
functions for a) the creation of buffer themes and b) work with line themes.
Both wishes seem to be solved (at least partly) with the new sextante
extension.

a) was to add id's of the source theme to the new buffer theme.
does sextante keep the id's of the source theme? I first had the impression
that this would be the case, but a closer look onto this discovered, that the
id's of the buffer theme are often very close to the source theme's id, but
they are not identical. Did this happen by accident? Or is it a (planned)
feature of sextantes buffer function that the buffer inherits the id of the
source theme?

b) was a wish to enable the user to split lines into segments of the same
length. Sextante allows to create a new point theme with equidistant spaces
(Lines to equidistant points) and has a new tool called "split lines with
points layer". Well, I first created the points layer and applied the split
lines theme afterwards. The result does not fully reflect what I expected to
get, as there are many lines missing. Therefore, I would like to ask you
developer(s), whether this task should be doable using the mentioned commands
and whether this commands do have some bugs. Please see attached image.

Best regards && many thanks for your comments.

Wolfgang